My guitars and gear
I love my PRS guitars, and enjoy digging into new gear, pedals and amps here you can read more about what I have up running at the moment.
My PRS 513 guitars
My main guitar is a PRS 513. Actually I got two PRS 513’s, one with East Indian Rosewood neck and fretboard, which is the one I play the most at the moment – and one with a beautiful flamed maple neck and fingerboard. Both guitars have absolutely outstanding quality of selected woods, hardware, craftsmanship, and sound!
- Finish: Black Wraparoundburst, with nickel hardware.
- Body: Select mahogany, with a flamed maple top – incredible quality with 3D effect.
- Neck: Flame maple or East Indian Rosewood, ‘Pattern Regular’ neck profile. Set neck construction. This enables a very good sustain and an easy access to the upper frets.
- Scale: 25 1/4″.
- Fretboard: Flame maple, with PRS Birds inlays.
- Frets: 22.
- Headstock: Natural.
- Tuners: PRS Phase III Locking Tuners.
- Bridge: PRS Tremolo.
- Pickups: PRS 513 Patented Pickup System – 513 stands for 5 pickups and 13 sounds, achieved with an easy-to-use integrated electronics control package, which includes volume control, tone control and two blade switches. One blade switch is a 5-way pickup selector, and the other is a 3-way mode switch that allows you to select between the singlecoil, clear humbucking and heavy humbucking modes.
- Electronics: 1x volume, 1x tone, 5-way blade pickup selector, 3-way blade mode selector (heavy humbucking/clear humbucking/single coil).
My main amp is a Mesa Boogie MarkV:25
I love the way the V:25 sounds – clean, open, but also warm and dynamic. It compresses very natural and the fact that I can swap between a 10w and 25w mode makes it perfect for sessions.
In this latest ultra-portable 25 watt incarnation, the Mark V is not only shrunk to their smallest possible physical size with the V:25 model, but is also further refined and improved. Gorgeous sparkling cleans and soaring high gain lead sounds. Brighter, tighter, more shredding in the top end, a bit also more forgiving in feel and exceedingly with a more clip-able warm sound.
- All-Tube Amplifier: 2xEL-84 Power Tubes & 6x12AX7 Preamp Tubes
- Independent 10/25 Watt Power Switches:
- 10-Watt Mode utilizes 2 power tubes operating in Class A/B Triode for lush harmonics and liquid feel at lower volumes
- 25-Watt Mode utilizes 2 power tubes operating in Mesas exclusive Dyna-Watt Class A/B Pentode for maximum power, punch and clarity
- Fully Independent Channels with 6 Style Modes:
- Channel 1: Clean, Fat or Crunch Modes with Multi-Watt Power Switch (10/25 Watts)
- Channel 2: Legendary Mark IIC+, Mark IV and Xtreme Modes with Multi-Watt Power Switch (10/25 Watts)
- Selectable 5-Band Graphic EQ Footswitchable, Channel Assignable or Bypassable
- All-Tube, Spring Reverb with Independent Channel Control (rear panel)
- Fully Buffered, Tube FX Loop
- Built-In CabClone Cabinet Simulator Output with Internal Amp Load and Headphone Output Featuring Closed-Back and Open-Back Voicings, Speaker On/Off and Ground Lift Switches
You can read more about this amp at the official Mesa Boogie site here
Beside the Mark V:25 I also use a Mesa Boogie vTwin preamp for recording and as backup when touring. The recording out works super for fly gigs and sessions, or as an extra amp for stereo recordings.
I also have a Mesa Boogie Triaxis that I sometimes use in the studio – also mainly recording out for silent recordings. Else I have it whenever I have to have several different preamp sounds, since it’s programmable and controllable by midi.
I also have a Mesa Boogie 2:ninety poweramp that I have used for ages together with the Triaxis
My board is housed in a flight case from Custom Pedal Boards. Build around the G2 from GigRig
The G2 from The GigRig
The centerpiece in my setup is the G2 – a programmable switch box, that sends and receive midi. 10 Passive True Bypass Matrix effects loops including 2 stereo loops. 120 Presets (8 banks of 15), each of which can be configured for Preset or Stomp Box mode. Delay spillover between presets, even with your old analogue delays. A movable insert point to connect your amp’s FX loop or volume pedal. Awesome buffers, pre gain and post gain in each preset and 2 separate outputs. One is isolated and phase reversible. You can read more about the G2 at the official GigRig site here.
Other pedals – Pedalboard version 2018
- Wah – Xotic Effects
- Cali76 Compact Deluxe Compressor – Origin Effects
- Tumnus Overdrive – Wampler
- Revival Drive – Origin Effects
- SubnUp Octaver – tc electronics
- Euphoria Overdrive – Wampler
- BE-OD OVerdrive – Friedman
- The Pusher Clean Boost – Lunastone
- Mobius Modulation – Strymon
- TimeLine Delay – Strymon
- BigSky Reverb – Strymon
- Midi interface for the Revival Drive – Kossek FX
- Volume pedal – Ernie Ball
- Program switch box – Custom Pedal Boards
- Breakout box – Custom Pedal Boards
- Tune – tc electronics
- Evidence Audio cables
- I have several Lars Vad Fuzzes ready in the studio
- Empress buffer+
- Empress Tape delay
- Crybaby wah Q95